Al Jazeera's advertising policy and guidelines
1. Ad contents should contain nothing that is likely to cause serious or widespread offence.
Particular care should be taken to avoid causing offence on the basis of race, religion,
disability or culture.
Compliance with the code will be judged on the context, medium, audience, product and
prevailing standards of decency.
2. Contents related to alcohol, tobacco and others that are detrimental to health are not
3. Gambling and ads that contain Nudity/Sexual-oriented / indecent materials are not
4. Politically provocative Ads not accepted.
5. Election Ads that promote one side against others are not accepted.
6. A note that "This is a paid Ad" should appear on any Commercial that has a public
message or any neutral political Ad.
7. Ads concerning Legal disputes are not accepted i.e. related to property conflicts etc.
8. No broadcasting of Ads with/for anonymous source.
9. Ads that disregard and disrespect other competitors / products (by name) are not accepted.
10. Only high quality Ads accepted that match with Al Jazeera technical standards.
11. Al Jazeera at its discretion has the right to refuse ad contents that will
affect/diminish/decline our audio/visuals – e.g. poor production quality – defect on picture,
language, voiceover, etc.,
12. Al Jazeera has the right to modify / change the current conditions or come up with new ones
that accommodate with Al Jazeera policy.
13. The language used in the Ad Commercial should be in its entirety as per the language of
Channel on which the Ad is going to be aired (i.e. Arabic for AJA and English for AJE)